Monday 2 January 2017

How to debobble a jumper

For a while now I have been trying to not buy things I don't need, to make my things last and generally take a step back from the race to shop our planet to destruction.

This week I learnt something new and realised how easy it is to fall into the, "I need that trap."

I bought a battery operated jumper debobbling gizmo.  I wanted to give my old jumpers a few more months at least and they were looking very tatty indeed.   My little razor type machine worked OK.  It did the job and very tidily collected the fuzz so you could use it to stuff toys.  However after one jumper it was going slower and slower.  Time for new batteries.  That was when my brain kicked in and reminded me that there was another way of de-fuzzing a jumper.

Use a razor.

Lay the jumper flat on a hard surface and gently shave the jumper.  That is all there is to it.

On the plus side it is much quicker than the little machine, doesn't need batteries and doesn't fill my cupboards with more stuff.

On the minus side you do get a lot of jumper fluff all over the table or floor.  Have a vacuum cleaner or broom on standby.  Also, you might want to give it a good shake outside.

I know it might sound odd to keep fluff for stuffing toys but I can guarantee to always find a toys with holes and stuffing missing in the kids' rooms somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment