Thursday 5 January 2017

Decluttering in 2017

In the summer we changed the kids' beds for bigger ones, it was that time already, the lasts for years toddler beds had not really lasted all that long at all and they needed more space.

So I moved the stuff out of their rooms and we changed the beds.  So far completely normal.  What I didn't do was put all the stuff back again.  I only put back their very favourite toys.  I wanted to see what would happen.  They haven't missed a thing.  As long as there is lego, ponies and make believe food, they are happy.

I must confess that the toys are still sitting in my room.  I still need to take the next step and send them all to charity or the tip.

Today this article popped up on my FB feed and it reminded me that I need to keep going with the great declutter.   The big problem now is that I can do kitchen ware, clothes and cheap paperbacks easily, the big hurdle is going to be the crafting stash.  It will probably take a few reminders from friends to make that one happen.

The really interesting thing is going to be whether the big clear out results in a happier and more together woman at the end of it all.  Watch this space.

http://www.mother.ly/life/how-getting-rid-of-stuff-saved-my-motherhood

No comments:

Post a Comment